No fireworks for me


I originally posted this on my Facebook and wanted to share it with you all.

First of all, I am measuring 36 weeks & 4 days. I will be 37 weeks on Wednesday & considered “full-term.”

Okay, so I went called my doctor yesterday afternoon because Seth wasn’t moving like “normal” and I was told that since my amniotic fluid level was low (it was 7cm when it should be at least 10cm), if he wasn’t moving like normal then I was to call. They told me to come in so that they could monitor him. I was having mild contractions, but they were very managable. His heart rate was good. So, they did an ultrasound and found that he wasn’t moving like he should and was very sluggish. They also found that he was breech and transverse. He also weighs 6lbs 9oz. So, my doctor wanted to keep me overnight for monitoring and they pumped me full of fluids (4 bags total in less than 24 hrs…I was peeing like crazy!). Apparently I also had a UTI, so they had me taking antibiotics every 6 hrs (they even woke me up in the middle of the night to take them) too.

At about 6am, I started to feel Seth moving around more like himself, so I started to get a little hopeful. My doctor wanted me to have another ultrasound to see how Seth was doing and if he was doing better (they do this test that is sort of like an APGAR for in-utero babies and the highest they can score is an 8; Seth scored a 6 yesterday, but since his fluid was low, my doc wanted him to score an 8 to make sure that he was doing okay even though my fluid was low), then I could most likely go home. I was supposed to have my ultrasound around 7am today but because of various car accidents and other pregnant women with more urgent cases than mine (ie: bleeding), my ultrasound got pushed back to 2-ish.

I had my ultrasound and the tech said that he looked much better and that he had returned to a head-down position (I’m guessing that his crazy movements at 6am was him turning), my fluid was up to 9cm, & she rated him at an 8 for the test. I was so relieved!! My doctor said that I could go home but that I have to absolutely take it easy, keep taking my antibiotics, drink LOTS of water (they gave me a gigantic travel mug with the hospital’s logo on it that holds 34oz & I was instructed to drink 4 of them a day…yikes), and to attend my already scheduled appointment on Wednesday. I’m scheduled to have another ultrasound, so I’m hoping that everything will still be good.

On the plus side, I am already having mild, but very sporadic contractions…so hopefully once I hit 37 weeks, then it won’t be much longer before we get to meet this little guy.

Thank you again for all of your prayers, well wishes, and warm thoughts. They are greatly appreciated!


3 Responses to “No fireworks for me”

  1. oh, wow.
    the crazy baby ride.
    so glad you are home again.
    and that seth is still doing well!
    hang in there.
    just a little longer!

  2. 2 Heidi

    hang in there mama….
    I will keep you guys lifted up.

  3. 3 Geertrude

    Oh, that must have been so scary! I hope everything is alright now!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: